Results tagged ‘ DC Comics ’
In case you didn’t know, everyone’s favorite mascot Bolt is in the field of 64 for this year’s “Mascot Madness” tournament through Minor League Baseball.
You can vote up to 25 times, so…
Why should you vote 25 times? Well, Dash “Director of Fun” Trey Kalny has come up with a GREAT list. Hopefully this piques your interest enough to vote for Bolt once (or 25 times).
1) Disney named a movie after him (please don’t sue us Walt).
2) (Usain) Bolt will be in the Olympics this summer.
3) He’s a natural redhead and proud of it.
4) He’s won title bouts all over the world, including Las Vegas, Nevada; Atlantic City, New Jersey; Tokyo, Japan; Minsk, Belarus; and Ulaan Bataar, Mongolia.
5) Unlike Phinley from the Clearwater Threshers (Bolt’s first-round matchup), he can breathe on land.
6) He uses his Mohawk to sweep up the competition (because it’s really a broom).
7) Because with the purse money, he might be able to buy some pants that fit.
8) Because his likeness is used as currency in the Ratchet & Clark video game series. Seriously.
9) Because Elmo looks like him (rather than he looks like Elmo).
10) Because he has his own ballet.
11) Because Bolt is an anagram for Blot and he plans to blot out the competition.
12) Because DC Comics has a series of comics named after him, “The Brave and the Bolt” (or because he was the inspiration behind the show Batman: The Brave and the Bolt).
13) Because he was the inspiration behind Star Trek’s slogan “To Bolt-ly go where no man has gone before.”
14) Because his dance moves leave fans “bolt over” in amazement.
15) Because the San Diego Chargers use his symbol on their helmets.
16) William Faulkner considered naming his masterpiece after him (No Sound and the Furry).
17) He’s a (Bolt)lock to win.
18) He’ll fasten together a winning streak to win it all.
19) “No great discovery was ever made without a ‘Bolt’ guess.”- Isaac Newton
20) “Fortune befriends the ‘Bolt.’”- Emily Dickinson
21) He has his own soap opera (“The Bolt and the Beautiful”).
22) You’ll never hear him tell a “bolt-faced lie.”
23) Whether you like it or not, his striking figure lights up a room (weather pun).
24) Because you can’t spell trouble without Bolt and the rest of these mascots are in a whole lot of trouble.
25) Buses in the Northeast are named after him because of his lightning quick speed.
The key to all of this is simple: Vote for Bolt!