Game 111 Preview – Dash vs. Wilmington
Game #111 – Home Game #57
Winston-Salem Dash (20-20, 58-52) vs. Wilmington Blue Rocks (16-24, 49-61)
Saturday, August 3 – 7 p.m.
BB&T Ballpark (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
Winston-Salem aims for its seventh sweep of the season, which would earn the Dash a tie for the CL lead with Myrtle Beach in that category. The Dash are also looking to improve upon their 14-2 mark against the Blue Rocks this season.
Micah Johnson – 2B
Joey DeMichele – SS
Chris Curley – DH
Kevan Smith – C
Courtney Hawkins – CF
Rangel Ravelo – 1B
Jeremy Farrell – 3B
Grant Buckner – RF
Joe De Pinto – LF
Jason Van Skike – RHP
- Winston-Salem has not swept a set since June 7-9, when the Dash wrapped up their second brooming of the Blue Rocks thus far this season. Outside of the Dash and the Pelicans, no other CL unit has swept more than three sets throughout the campaign. Dating back to last year, the Dash have collected 15 sweeps.
- After recording 17 scoreless innings against the Blue Rocks in his first two starts against them this season, right-hander Chris Beck did allow three runs Friday. However, he still extended his personal winning streak to a career-high five games while becoming the first CL hurler to reach 11 victories.
- Beck, who also sits fifth on the circuit with a 2.90 ERA, is tied for second in High-A baseball in wins, trailing only Modesto’s Daniel Winkler (12). Throughout Minor League Baseball, Beck owns a share of fifth place, three behind Durham’s J.D. Martin for the top spot.
- Dash outfielder Courtney Hawkins owns a five-game RBI streak. Hawkins has 12 RBIs in his last 10 games, which pushes his season total to 58. This is good for a share of sixth place in the CL even though he has played in fewer games (75) than everyone in the league’s top 10 in RBIs.
- For the sixth time since 2005, the Dash have won 14 games against one opponent during the 2013 season. Winston accomplished the feat three times last season: Carolina (14-6), Potomac (15-5) and Wilmington (15-5).