Why The Dash Are Thankful
The Dash are thankful for…
- all 305,515 fans who visited BB&T Ballpark for the 2012 season.
- an All-Star season, capped by a 9-1 victory in the Midsummer Classic.
- having the MVP (Dan Black) and the Manager of the Year (Tommy Thompson) in Winston-Salem.
- the decimal .630. It was the Dash’s 2012 winning percentage, good for the best in full-season minor league baseball.
- large windows in the control room so that they can see T-Rock bust a move to “Tricky” and “Call Me Maybe.”
- Brady Shoemaker’s first-half dominance.
- Kevan Smith’s playoff prowess.
- having the opportunity to see highly-touted prospects Jackie Bradley, Dylan Bundy, Billy Hamilton and George Springer, among others, play at BB&T Ballpark.
- the potential of the 2013 squad, with players like Courtney Hawkins, Erik Johnson, Scott Snodgress and Keenyn Walker candidates to begin the season in the Triad.
- the fact that things like Bolt, Lemonheads, ZOOperstars mean something to folks in Winston-Salem.
- a beautiful ballpark that features family-friendly entertainment all summer long.
- the 2013 season, which is just 136 days away.
Have a tremendous Thanksgiving, and thank you so much for reading this blog all season long. Enjoy your turkey.