The day after the All-Star break is a popular one to make roster moves, and the White Sox certainly threw in their share of promotions, demotions and activations. Six moves from today’s flurry of activity affect the Dash, while another one happened two days ago. Without further ado, here are the tweaks to the Dash’s roster.
- LHP Spencer Arroyo (5-3, 4.33 ERA in 14 starts with the Dash) promoted to Double-A Birmingham
- INF Daniel Wagner (.253, 1 HR, 18 RBI in 51 games with the Dash) promoted to Double-A Birmingham
- INF Kyle Shelton (.368, 1 HR, 5 RBI in 5 games with the Dash) rejoins Winston-Salem from Triple-A Charlotte
- LHP Blair Walters (3-3, 2.88 ERA in 13 starts with the Intimidators) promoted to Winston-Salem from Low-A Kannapolis
- INF Marcus Semien (.249, 5 HR, 25 RBI in 45 games with the Dash) activated off the disabled list (right hamstring strain)
- RHP Taylor Thompson (0-1, 7.71 ERA in 11 relief appearances with the Dash) activated off the disabled list (right triceps strain)
- (Note: this was made official Tuesday) RHP Ryan Buch 4-5, 5.98 ERA in 13 appearances with the Dash) assigned to Low-A Kannapolis
To make a long story short, the Dash’s roster looks much different than it did during the first half finale in Wilmington Sunday. Congrats to Arroyo, Wagner and Walters, all of whom have been promoted to a level for the first time in their minor league careers. Plus, it is great to have Semien, Shelton and Thompson back with the squad.
Winston-Salem kicks off the second half tonight at 7:05 against the Potomac Nationals in Woodbridge, Va. Pre-game coverage begins at 6:50 here. I’ll talk with you then.