Day 2 of #DashWinStreakFacts
A few days ago, I interviewed Dash skipper Tommy Thompson. He is a superstitious guy during a winning streak, and I can be superstitious, too. So, after the Dash put together their most dominant victory of their nine-game win streak, let’s do another day of #DashWinStreakFacts. This time, we’ve got some funny ones to go with some strong stats.
- Winston-Salem’s nine-game winning streak is tied for the longest since Winston-Salem became the Dash prior to the 2009 season.
(The other nine-game run came in 2010 from April 14-22)
- The Dash have matched the fourth-longest win streak in minor league baseball this season.
(Triple-A Pawtucket and High-A San Jose also had a nine-game streak; High-A Bakersfield has MiLB’s best run with 11 in a row last month)
- Winston has won more games over the last nine days than 10 other minor league teams have in the 2012 season.
(Daytona, Durham, Lake County, Nashville, Portland, Potomac, Rome, San Antonio, Tucson and West Virginia)
- The Dash have scored 10 or more runs in four of their last nine games.
(The Dash have seven games of 10-plus runs, which leads the Carolina League. Lynchburg is a distant second with three)
- Four players have started all nine games of this streak–Dan Black, Marcus Semien, Brady Shoemaker and Trayce Thompson. (From Dash graphics czar Caleb)
(Their numbers: Black [.417, 3HR, 9RBI], Semien [.333, 3HR, 12RBI], Shoemaker [.343, 2HR, 7RBI], Thompson [.243, 1HR, 7RBI])
- Winston-Salem is outscoring its opposition 81-32 in the last nine games.
(Thus, the average score is 9.0-3.6)
- Winston-Salem right hander Chris Bassitt has tweeted 165 times. (From Dash reliever Nick McCully)
- McCully’s approximate Monster energy drink consumption is around 20 cans. (From Bassitt)
- US President at start of streak: Barack H. Obama; US President today: Barack H. Obama. (From Caleb)
- Chuck Norris has never had a 9 game win streak. (From @HikerJohnson)
- The Dash are 9-0 in their last nine games played on a day ending with the letter “y.” (From Caleb)
- Wins by the Dash in their last nine games: 9. Wins by the Charlotte Bobcats in their last 66 games: 7. (From Dash pitcher Jake Petricka)
- National US avg price for a gallon of gas at start of streak (per link below): $3.84. National US avg price for a gallon of gas today: $3.80. (From Caleb)
Please send us more. We especially love the funny ones! Talk to you tonight at 6:50 for the Pre-Game Dash. Winston-Salem aims for 10 in a row tonight!